Thursday 17 January 2013

#AskOliver health Q&A session

I ran the first of my #AskOliver Twitter Q&A sessions last Friday and it was a great success!

I asked my Twitter followers to tweet their health and energy related questions using the hashtag #AskOliver and I logged onto Twitter to answer them, between 12-2pm. I received a variety of health and energy related questions and thought it would be helpful to write a short blog post to summarise them and share some of my tips.

Hi Oliver. I always have a 3pm slump. How do I combat this?
@Olivergray7
Make sure you include healthy protein (fish, chicken, tofu, lentils) in your lunch & Matcha tea is a great 3pm energiser

@GaylinJee     
Morning coffee at work - good 'energiser' to start the day? What's your view?
@Olivergray7 
Try to limit your caffeine.Matcha green tea is a much better option. Gives u an energy boost & won't leave you feeling low later

@VickieCollinge
How many breaks should you take from your computer screen during an average 8 hour working day?
@Olivergray7 
About 5 mins per hour, and a longer break from lunch, also regular fresh air breaks & back stretches helps to energise

@EmilyBPerry
Oliver, I use my mobile phone right up until I head to bed (midnight) - is this wise??
@Olivergray7
Not so wise ;) Start a new habit to improve sleep, avoid all technology an hour before bed, no TV, laptop, iPad & phone

@EmilyBPerry
Oliver, are short bursts of fitness (15mins) really as effective as longer sessions in the gym??
@Olivergray7
15 min workouts are great when you're time poor Mon-Fri & def as effective as longer sessions. Morning = max benefits

@RSMeintjes  
Hello @olivergray7 what is the best way to keep your energy levels up when at work? Snacking? Fresh air?
@Olivergray7
Fresh air breaks & lunch away from your computer is key + healthy breakfast & lunch with a mid afternoon fruit & nut snack

Having an afternoon energy slump. Your thoughts?
@Olivergray7 
It's a beautiful day for some fresh air energising lunch Sainsbury's local now do lentils pre-cooked, great with green salad 

@matilda501 
What's the best way to avoid food cravings e.g. sugar?
@Olivergray7 
Avoid refined processed foods, these are often high in sugar, the less sugar you eat the less you will crave. Try for 1 month

@Toxovic       
Why do I feel so full/sick when I eat small amount of eggs, then hungry soon after. Have to eat them in two sittings
@Olivergray7 
Maybe intolerant or the way you digest protein, this is likely to be the case if the same thing happens with other protein foods

@matilda501  
My job is community based, and stressful, not sure when to fit in exercise before or after work?
@Olivergray7
Exercise doesn't have to mean going to the gym @matilda501 - it could be walking to work

Do keep posting any questions on Twitter. You can contact me via @olivergray7 I am always up for interacting with people who are taking an interest in their health and energy levels!

No comments: